Oneness - True Faith
qOLOp
What is a true pagan?? Posted on: 2004/8/16 9:32
=->qOLOp
If you are a true pagan and not just a wanna be what is paganism at it's core??

Getting married with a ring is pagan so does that make half the country actualy pagan not christian??
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
qOLOp
Re: What is a true pagan?? Posted on: 2004/9/27 0:31
=->qOLOp
Many MANY current customs, practices, and holidays are Pagan in origin. The intention with which you practice them, and the faith, is what makes it particular to your religion.

Going trick-or-treating as a child doesn't make you Pagan, and yet the entire holiday we now call Hallowe'en stems from a Celtic Pagan festival honoring the dead. There are a million other examples.

There are as many different types of Paganism as there are Christianity. I can't speak for others, only myself. I believe in a higher power that has many aspects, both male and female. It doesn't matter if you call these aspects by the names the ancient Greeks used, the ancient Egyptians used, the Celts used, or by the names the Native Americans used.

Christians tend to see time as linear and Pagans see it as circular. All things are born (created), live, and die, and the process is repeated throughout nature in all living things.

I believe the core values and beliefs of most religions are similar.

~~circe
qOLOp
Re: What is a true pagan?? Posted on: 2005/6/23 5:10
=->qOLOp
I think that there is no point is saying what is Christian or Pagan as in the end it does not really matter your traditions or you beliefs, we are all part of the same creator and will return to it in the end with all our "knowledge" about what is truly "pagan" or "christian" stripped away.

I think circe is right, to think that doing one thing that is practiced by another religion makes you that reigion is rediculous. mind you over time all religions grew out fo one another so we all practice aspects of antoher religion so we are all of us all religions... which is where we started out in the first place, hmmm... circular...
Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post