Oneness - True Faith
wizanda
Evidence against Simon the stone (peter) Posted on: 2007/5/17 11:14
Helper
From Nottingham, UK
Being named Stone and mentioned in the same sentence as Rock and stone...make Simon easily the stone of stumbling mentioned in Isaiah:

Isa 8:13-15
(13) Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.
(14) And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
(15) And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.

The reason that is even more clear, is Simons own interpretation of this, that is mistakenly in the book of Stone (peter)....

1Pe 2:7-10
(7) Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
(8) And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
(9) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
(10) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Point within that which are wrong are endless and this is ridiculous if anyone actually studied the old testament, they would realize why most Jewish, also take it to be a joke..as no one can be that ignorant to ignore, what is set in place....yet I guess many must, as that is what the essence of Christianity is (do not go after them that say "I Am Christ" -> Christ I An).
1) Christ is clearly the plummet stone which is to measure with.
2) Christ stood against priest (Levites, Sadducees, Pharisees).
3) He is referring to Christ being the Rock again and again, it is repeatedly stated God is the rock, also by Christ.... with if you don't listen to what he said, it is like basing your trust in sand....which means only parts of the rock, so little bits we call sand.
4) Zechariah 11 potters field prophecy, was to cut off the house of Israel + 3 foolish shepherds, grace and inheritance not the other away around, as is clearly related by almost all true prophets.
5) Mercy comes from being merciful, as God is; Balaam teachings is that God would not sacrifice anything and especially not anyone, and is like saying God would chop off his own arm or kill his own son; which is what the whole thing was to test.

Mat 16:17
(17) And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

That's like in Acts (Bar-jesus) and seems to imply 'not' something, as if the stone is laid also that would imply Yeshua knew something we are not being told purposely.

This is to be continued and all help is appreciated; as to me I feel Simon is and was a Pharisee in disguise, as if that book (peter) is anything to go by, it is equal to Paul who is and was Pharisee also.......

N B with U
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post