Oneness - True Faith
avyakt7
Re: CREATION OF UNIVERSE Posted on: 2005/6/25 17:28
Just popping in
You said: "God created everything, yes. and there is tons of scientific evidence to back it up. I am not scientificaly minded and so I am glad that you are!"

Where is the scientific evidence?

Reasoning alone should demonstrate if what someone is saying is right or not. To say: You are right and you are not, doesn't make any difference unless you show WHY... to say because this person said it or because this book said so...even if believed to be holy doesn't add a drop of credibility. If you are not scientifically minded, how can you say that there are "tons of scientific evidence"?
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
brendalee
Re: CREATION OF UNIVERSE Posted on: 2005/6/25 18:54
Not too shy to talk
I am not a scientist and cannot articulate the things I DO know that have scientific evidence. But I can read and comprehend and have discovered many things that indicate a creator. Go to reasons.org they can tell you with great finesse the evidence that there had to be a creator.

To presume that anyone knows everything would be a bit ridiculous. When I have some time tonight, I will get some info off of their site. Some of it is way over my head. Like quarks. I still don't get that. Doesn't mean they are not real!!
I don't understand every answer concerning God or creation. But I know He is there. If we all understood everything about sickness, free will, death ect.. the meaning of life, well, why would we bother to talk to God? The same goes for any relationship we have. If we know everything there is to know about a person tehn we wouldn't bother talking to them. Maybe God wants us to ask HIM all these questions?!
avyakt7
Re: CREATION OF UNIVERSE Posted on: 2005/6/25 22:34
Just popping in
You said: "If we all understood everything about sickness, free will, death ect.. the meaning of life, well, why would we bother to talk to God? The same goes for any relationship we have. If we know everything there is to know about a person tehn we wouldn't bother talking to them. Maybe God wants us to ask HIM all these questions?!."

You need to have a relationship with God in order to know him. If you knew everything about your husband, you still will talk to him, why? because there is a loving bond.
God himself already has answered all these questions.. ( Everything I am posting here it is nothing else but what HE has said in simple terms, however; with my own scientific, philosophical terms.) It is just a matter of recognizing this through our intellect and... to know WHY God needs to make himself known NOW and no 2000 years ago.
The beauty is that through meditation you can experience God.
http://www.brahmakumaris.com If you want to know... and
http://db.bkwsu.com/index.cfm for a center near you for free classes as a community service.

brendalee
Re: CREATION OF UNIVERSE Posted on: 2005/6/27 3:04
Not too shy to talk
when I said "know everything" I meant EVERYTHING. Like you already know the answers so why bother with the questions. Makes for a very boring relationship. No mystery. You are always finding things out with relationships. That is my point. If you knew all the answers to life, you wouldn't need to ask God anything. That is WHY He leaves mysteries, so that we will ask questions and build a relationship with Him.

Are you saying that God didn't make Himself known through Messiah, 2000 years ago? Not sure what you were saying there. But He has always made His presence known. Creation is evidence of that. From the Universe to US and the tiny ant.

God has been leaving paths to relationship since the beginning. Eden, just don't touch the fruit! Moses and the ark with the 10 laws and Levitical lifestyle guidelines that God set forth. The cross and the day of pentecost. We have always had access to Him one way or another because he wants relationship with us. Now we have the infilling and baptism of the Holy Spirit to guide us. He will always make a way. THIS IS LOVE.
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 » Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post