Oneness - True Faith
scotty
New Thought Unity Churches Posted on: 2005/9/26 11:34
Just popping in
From California
The following keywords should be researched which are in quotes in the paragraph I have pasted in below as taken from a beliefnet article. Please post any research you find here.

Start with the "New Thought Churches", like "Unity Churches". I teach at a lot of Unity Churches and they are primarily Christian. The only thing that's different is that they recognize the unity of all religions. But they are primarily Christian.

Thanks!

Scott
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
wizanda
Re: New Thought Unity Churches Posted on: 2005/9/26 17:22
Helper
From Nottingham, UK
Again with this I see one large problem, having read most religions.
What is written by Paul and John is not by Christ and so causes a large rift within this working. As people will enforce parts of the Anti-Christ doctrine, which then stands against Buddhist, Taoist, and Hindu to name a few!
It would be nice if it did work, yet I really feel the world needs to remove John and Paul's teachings to be able to resolve the differences.

N B with U
David_Goodpasture
Re: New Thought Unity Churches Posted on: 2005/9/26 17:57
Just can't stay away
From Stockton California
I'm never against unity... especially when it comes to religion... the one problem i see aside from the books of John and Paul is what religious people call themselves i.e. christian, muslim etc. Setting a label on someone gives the opportunity for prejudices to occur. To unite they need to all understand they a part of the same religion and the same teachings, without diversifying themselves through what they refer to themselves as. Calling yourself Christian means you believe in Christ and his teachings, calling yourself Muslim mens Mohammad etc... when in actuality all these people came to give us the same message. So we should all be calling ourselves by the same name... or as God said, Children of God... we are not children of christ or mohammad... stop calling ourselves this and we can work something out. Labels attract prejudicism. :) and like Scott says.. ego is what kills us, if we can let go of our ego's we can accept this. love y'all and take care.
Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post