Oneness - True Faith
David_Goodpasture
Jesus brings war Posted on: 2005/10/24 11:39
Just can't stay away
From Stockton California
and peace is not through him. Paraphrasing Jesus : "I bring the sword, not peace" he let's us know how to achieve peace... so let me ask you, how can we achieve peace if we are always holding onto the sword(Jesus)? The bible's are giant metaphors, and unfortunately we have turned them into idols, and forgot to study them... now it's time for us to start studying them and take it for all it's worth. Why are we at war with each other? Difference in beliefs. Again religion causes division, if humanity truly wants to survive, we need to stop this. Jesus was not an incompetent man, he means what he said, and there IS meaning to it besides a man who's words of wisdom are lost in blind worship.
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
wizanda
Re: Jesus brings war Posted on: 2005/10/25 11:24
Helper
From Nottingham, UK
Quote:
Jer 14:13-15 Then I said, Ah, O Lord Jehovah! Behold, the prophets are saying to them, You shall not see the sword, nor shall you have famine; but I will give you true peace in this place. (14) And Jehovah said to me, The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I did not send them, nor have I commanded them, nor did I speak to them. They prophesy to you a false vision and a worthless divination, and a thing of no value, and the deceit of their heart. (15) So Jehovah says this concerning the prophets who prophesy in My name, and I did not send them; yet they say, Sword and famine shall not be in this land; by sword and famine those prophets shall be consumed.

= Paul + John

N B with U
dude
Re: Jesus brings war Posted on: 2005/10/25 23:12
Not too shy to talk
From Springfield, Mo
Hi David, heres some scripture.

Ephesians 4:3-6 "Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit thru the bond of peace. There is one body and one spirit - just as you were called to one hope when you were called - one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and thru all and in all"!

We are called to war, when those in the church systems; rebuke or block us, from bringing truths to them. We are called to war if satan attacks us personally by whatever means. We are called to war if any man trys to break into our house, or trys to harm our familys, or ourselves. And we are called to war, to deliver ourselves from darkness and bondage! Because the bible says, "O Zion, deliver thyself". Other than that, we are called to peace, and striving to keep the unity of the spirit! amen....

Ezekial 28: 18-20 And God shall cause a fire to spring up in satan, and he shall burn up in front of the saints, and never shall he be anymore.
qOLOp
Re: Jesus brings war Posted on: 2005/10/26 15:23
=->qOLOp
i don't beliegve there is a satan... against we misinterpret what the writers of the bible are trying to explain... satan always seems to "make" them do bad things... when in actuality they are explaining temptations... temptations that every human being experiences, to attribute it all to satan, is to be completely irresponsible.
(1) 2 » Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post