Oneness - True Faith
David_Goodpasture
Get in the "know"? Posted on: 2006/2/20 8:52
Just can't stay away
From Stockton California
Philosophy lesson about "knowing"

What someone said to me today... "You don't know as much as you think you do!" My response, "Anything I can so freely think about, I must know."

How can one not know as much as one thinks?

To make this all a bit more philosophically clear... knowing is not truth. NOW SEE, if it makes sense to think more than you know... knowing is just knowledge... knowledge is not always true... how can it make sense to think of knowledge you don't have? You can think of knowledge that isn't true... but it's still not more than you know, because you are THINKING of it. So... it's impossible to think about something that you do not know, period. Before you ever say that to someone again... make sure you take the time to understand what it really means... because it doesn't make any sense to beings such as myself. So it appears as if you're just throwing it out there as a saying... and not really a part of your own thought. There's so much more potential in there. *points to the human head*

More correctly, it should be written as. "You only know as much as you think you do."... or "...what you think you know". Again, knowledge is not limited to truth. Knowledge is just knowing. Someone can tell me a lie; that trucks have 6 wheels. Now, let's assume I have never seen a truck before (bare with me)... I have just been seeded with the knowledge that ALL trucks have 6 wheels. Thought and knowldge are somewhat, to an extent, one and the same. Knowledge is NOT only, and not always, truth. Make sense... understand... please HUMANS!

Am I hot and bothered? Aren't we all allowed our 2 seconds of venting that out? :)
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
Errrm?
Re: Get in the "know"? Posted on: 2006/2/20 10:29
=->Errrm?
You could spend all day pondering beauty thearpy and would you be any wiser in the world?

Could you say you know?

Can you ever say you know?
david_goodpasture
Re: Get in the "know"? Posted on: 2006/2/20 22:10
=->david_goodpasture
yeah! In fact, you can say you know. That was my point.
suzyq
Re: Get in the "know"? Posted on: 2006/2/20 22:40
Just can't stay away
I know nothing! This makes me smile!
(1) 2 » Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post