Quote:

blah wrote:

I use esword my self cool little bible search program
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
qOLOp
Re: How come everyone uses the bible so much? Posted on: 2004/8/13 16:24
=->qOLOp
They read it because they don't know any better

"REVELATION IS A COMMUNICATION OF SOMETHING, WHICH THE PERSON TO WHOM THE THING IS REVEALED DID NOT KNOW BEFORE. FOR IF I HAVE DONE A THING, OR SEEN IT DONE, IT NEEDS NO REVELATION TO TELL ME, I HAVE DONE OR SEEN IT DONE NOR ENABLE ME TO TELL IT OR WRITE IT. REVELATION THEREFORE CANNOT BE APPLIED TO ANYTHING DONE UPON EARTH, OF WHICH MAN IS HIMSELF ACTOR OR WITNESS AND CONSEQUENTLY ALL THE HISTORICAL PART OF THE BIBLE WHICH IS ALMOST THE WHOLE OF IT, IS NOT WITHIN THE MEANING AND COMPASS OF THE WORD REVELATION AND THEREFORE IS NOT THE WORD OF GOD." THOMAS PAINE
In search of the one true religion
wizanda
Re: How come everyone uses the bible so much? Posted on: 2004/8/13 16:34
Helper
From Nottingham, UK
So if revelation comes from mans learning dont you think some of them would like it to be remembered.
so the wisdom wasnt lost that is why it is called a book of prophets to start.
Read proverbs before you say stuff that is unfounded there is a lot of revelation in there.
plus if you read the bible scriptures i have stuck up you will see why a lot of arguments have been caused.
blah
Re: How come everyone uses the bible so much? Posted on: 2004/8/13 20:04
Not too shy to talk
From SomeWhere
Jos 10:13
(13) And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
« 1 (2) 3 » Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post