That faith is not a religion

Quote:
There can be no one true faith.

Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
qOLOp
Re: What is the 'One True Faith'!! Posted on: 2005/6/21 9:18
=->qOLOp
YES.

There really and truely IS one true faith.

It is the faith taught by ALL the great spiritual Masters throughout history, except maybe Moses, 'father' Abraham and their whole scam about just one god... They weren't spiritual leaders anyway, but a prince and a tribal chieftan, so the truth remains that the ONE-TRUE-FAITH really has been taught by every great spiritual Master that has come along.

Right now, on this planet, the single most destructive force being used to wage terror, war, famine, horror, genocide and anarchy is the same as it has been throughout post-deluvian history; religion.

Religion (from the Latin for 'being tied down') should not and for the sake of clarity must not be confused with faith - they are as dissimilar as grapes and orangutans. So long as religions exist (or, one might say, "so long as ignorant people cling to superstitions that help them cope with the unknown"), strife, conflict and jihad will besmirch this lovely little planet of ours.

Faith, on the other hand (and thee ONE-TRUE-FAITH in particular) is the only instrument that will bring real and permanent peace to the planet.

To say that the one true faith is different for each individual, which is something that I have personally heaard in the past, is worse than just a corny cop-out; it is an outright lie. The one true faith for Joe Blow is the same as for Jane Doe - or you, or for that matter, for me.

Yeshua (pronounced 'Joshua') said it; Sidhartha said it; Zarathustra said it; Confucious Kung Fu said it; even Osirus and Dionysis are credited with having said it, but what it most reminds me of is a line of the song "I'm Free" from the rock opera "Tommy" by the Who:

"If I told you what it takes to reach the highest high, you'd laugh and say, 'nothing's that simple!' But you've been told many times before, messiahs pointed to the door, but noone had the guts to leave the temple!"

The one-true-faith is NOT faith in a god, goddess, or pantheon of supernatural beings; as an enlightened friend of mine is fond of saying, "God is Santa Clause for grown-ups."

If a person simply cannot do without the gee word, having faith in one's self can be summed up into the admonition to Be God.

Likewise, faith in humankind and the forces of nature can be boiled down to the pantheistic phrase popularised by Heinlein in the early 1960's, 'thou art god.'

SO: what does it mean to 'be god?'

(A.) accept yourself as your own personal savior (& let poor old jesus down off of that nasty cross his worshippers have kept him nailed to fo two thousand years!) !

(B.) accept responsibility for all that exists within your universe (which is not at all the same as anyone else's universe - each of us is the center of our own!)

(C.) embrace the dark side; look at the clues - good gods and bad gods in every religion known Armahd and Armizhad; Jehova and Beelzebub; Rocky and Bullwinkle... you get the picture. If you're gonna be a god, be prepared to be the devil, too (that's what devils are - the evil side of a god's personna!)

and what about that pantheism thing - that everything else is a god, too?

Easy!

(A.) treat every person, place and thing (nouns) the way a Janist treats little bugs; the way a Hindu treats cows; the way a Jew would treat the lawgiver; the way a Jesus-worshipper would treat Jesus; the way a follower of Islam would treat the Prophet. Just be plain respectful of others, as well as yourself, and of the earth and all that is on it.

BUTT - THERE IS A CATCH:

if everyone and everything is (a) god; then being a god is nothing out of the ordinary - pretty much the same as there being no god at all... That's the part that's hard for most people, inundated with superstition from birth, to accept.

If one can wrap one's tiny mind around the concept - variously known as 'the golden rule,' or 'the middle path,' or any of dozens of other euphemisms - being just one god among a multitude of others is a fascinating way to live!

love&light,
bobgod
(mailto:bobgod@bobgod.com

avyakt7
Re: What is the 'One True Faith'!! Posted on: 2005/6/21 16:08
Just popping in
Before responding at this question it is important to understand who we are. We are souls. However, we are numberwise. In other words, my sense of humor is greater than Joe's but it is not as good as Jane's. My ability to comprehend, my traditions, background, etc, etc are different than anyone else. As stated before, my reality is different.

Since my reality is different you see how my understanding of faith, my understanding of what is true will be different than others.
God is the Truth. Since I am only able to perceive "my reality" and not the truth, I am looking at the elephant tail only believing that THAT is the elephant.
How do I know what is the true faith? By finding what is the true knowledge. What is the true knowledge? Something that explains you: 1) Who God is. ( Where He resides, what He does,) 2) Who am I. 3) What is my relationship with God. 4) what is the origin, middle and end of this world. 5) why is there suffering. 6) Is there complete happiness? when? Only God can explain all these things.

All faiths try to explain these questions, but if you look at them carefully, when explaining one aspect they contradict themselves in the next one.
Do we have free will or not? If yes, Why for some religions, we are born automatically as sinners? I haven't have the chance to be born but I am a sinner...Is this consistent with free will? If we don't have free will, then why do i experience suffering? How about the origin of the universe? is there a confusing, fantastic tale that explains how everything started? or is there something consistent with science and our understanding of matter?

Our intellect is what differentiates humans from other species.
It is time to use it, if we want to discover the true "FAITH." Our intellect is able to recognize God...numberwise.
qOLOp
Re: What is the 'One True Faith'!! Posted on: 2005/6/22 11:45
=->qOLOp
to bobgod

I hate that you think that you are a god. You are not mine, thank MY GOD! You are very ill in your spirit to be so sarcastic and rude.

We christains never put Jesus on the cross, we worshipped God that Jesus ROSE FROM THE DEAD!!! You really don't have to believe that. That is free will. You have made a decision that will effect your eternity. Some of what you say, is right about how to live. But in your athiestic world that you seem to dwell in, you have limited yourself and became just as hard-headed and dogmatic about your "faith" as anyone who believes in God.

Just a reminder " the fool has said in his heart, 'there is no God' " Proverbs, I believe.

I believe in my abilities but I rest in the FACT that God is in control if I ALLOW Him to be. If He asks me to do something, I do. And I have heard His voice and I am not crazy.

There is a lot of christain bashing on this site and that is what makes for hard feelings.

I believe the name of Jesus is holy. He is the son of God. He was the sacrifice for our sins and lives again, to rule and reign with Him. To be an intercessor for us.

I have no hard feelings, but some aparently do. What is sad to me is that you have hardened your heart to the possiblity of a Creator. That makes you very single-minded.
« 1 (2) 3 » Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post