Oneness - True Faith
wizanda
Is it sexist to say God is male only? Posted on: 2007/9/7 10:10
Helper
From Nottingham, UK
Since our spiritual books are mostly written by males and they see their higher self as male..is it only down to this, that we use a male form for God when really to be an ultimate being and creator of both; God is both sexes in one being...

So do we dishonour God by making it actually smaller then it really is, by constantly using father....

If we run through some of the male aspects of our personality, we also see that many of the points pertaining to God are also feminine in origin....

For instance unconditional love is given to most children by a mother, as at one point they were both one being....so this is like us and heaven where it is like a womb and unconditionally loving for all of us....else like in quantum string theory, it suggests we wouldn't exist otherwise.

For me seeing God in my NDE, to begin it was a reflection of many faces, yet that is only as I perceived it to be that way....so if that was the case for me at that time, if I was female and approached God would it be a female reflection I would have seen?

The ascended masters (elders) and angels are also both sexes in one being also, having lived different lives, in each being to fully test...

So when every one of us can see our higher self (angel of our self) if we look, then isn't it about time we made God both sexes in one being, as to truly allow all ways to reach the same goal.

Reason for saying this, is I find it idolatry that instead of saying both the feminine aspects of God and the male aspects of God are one, we separate it and so have many Pagan traditions following the sacred feminine and many tyrannical religions having male dominated views through their power.

N B with U
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
Reverend Mark
Re: Is it sexist to say God is male only? Posted on: 2007/9/12 2:25
Just popping in
From Warrington, PA USA
Zanda,

I would have to say that, GOD, being the ABSOLUTE, must be both male and female (etc.).
I agree that calling GOD "father" diminishes what GOD is.

I love the way Neale Donald Walsch states it:

"Tomorrow's God says that every church is 'his church,' and every faith is 'her faith,' and every soul is God's soul, because it shares the same soul with God! ... And no person or living thing in the universe stands outside the community of God."

Namaste,

Rev. Mark

In service to GOD/THE FAMILY,

Reverend Mark J. Seydel
ReverendMark.Com
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post