Oneness - True Faith
wizanda
Does any body have a site they want linking?? Posted on: 2004/8/19 9:50
Helper
From Nottingham, UK
If you have a web site on spiritual information please ask if you want us to link with your site
Got loads of ways of displaying blogs,forums and news
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
qOLOp
Re: Does any body have a site they want linking?? Posted on: 2004/8/25 18:29
=->qOLOp
please link to http://joejisaac.com
worthwhile
qOLOp
Re: Does any body have a site they want linking?? Posted on: 2004/9/3 3:53
=->qOLOp
Hi,

Actually that is what I was looking into when I found your site. I was actually looking for a webring. I might be a bit premature on this because I just started my site a couple of weeks ago, and it is still pretty small. I plan to have a lot of different stuff on my site but it will be mostly spiritual. There is a political page, but I may ditch it after the Election. I am just annoyed because all the rightwing Christians think Bush is Jesus. I do not see the resemblance. Don't like the war etc.

I am Christian/Gnostic/Towist/Hare Krishna/Buddhist. I say this because I believe God is bigger than the teachings of the Christian Church want to admit, and that God speaks to all who are willing to listen. Some people hear better than others. Jesus, Buddha, and Krishna speak like the same person to me. Reading their work is like reading different books by the same writer. I believe that the Bible, the Gnostic Gospels, the Gita, The Tow, and the sayings of Buddha are all the inspired word of God... not that there are not others, but I have not yet had time to study any more yet. Other books such as the Works of C.S. Lewis, and the Works of Emanuel Sweedenbourg are also divinely inspired but perhaps to a different degree.

My background is Assemblies of God. I started back in the early 70's and considered myself a Jesus Freak. I felt really disenfranchised with the church after the liberal, hippie surge was over, and the legalistic right wing political nonsense took over again. I tried other churches, and found them as bad or worse. I finally looked for Christian Fellowship on the web and found Illusion of Enlightenment, which is a discussion of eastern religion on LightMind. After all the arguments on the Christian Forum, I found the spirit of Christian love and peace on this eastern site. I went through ego death... finally. They were able to explain it to me, after years of trying to understand dying to self, and not really getting it.

I honestly don't know a lot yet. I have met some people on different forums who think they are enlightened, but most of them are just nuts like me. I at least know I am still crazy... but I understand a more than I did. I want to be a wise teacher some day, but right now, I know there are gaps in my knowledge. It is funny that just when you think you have all the answers more stuff opens up and you realize that you only put one more piece in that 100,000,000 piece jigsaw puzzle. I knew my Bible really well... I thought, but then I found a deeper level of it, and started taking it apart with a strongs concordance, looking up every word in Greek and Hebrew. I started reading the Nag Hammadi find, and then the Gita so now I have a lot to study.

I really appreciate some of the training I got in my old Church, and the fact they believed in Miracles, and taught me to pray, and have a rich spiritual life. A lot of their teaching is very similar to eastern religion, though they would be upset to hear that. I think most spiritual practice, and real truth are universal. I have a good spiritual life, though of course there are ups and downs, and I hope to write some things that are at least semi-divinely inspired.

Here is a link to my little site. As you can see I am also a graphic artist.

http://members.tripod.com/freakycat125/index.htm

Love,
FreakyCat
qOLOp
Re: Does any body have a site they want linking?? Posted on: 2004/9/3 10:50
=->qOLOp
Dont know why but for some reason your site dosent show on the libaries pc say blocked for its content???
(1) 2 » Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post