Oneness - True Faith
bhattathiri
Brahmacharya ( Celibacy) Posted on: 2005/9/10 8:07
Just popping in
Brahmacharya ( Celibacy)

The importance of "Brahmacharya" is clearly explained in Yejurveda. In this modern life very few only understand this and practice it.. All Vedas and other scriptures of Hinduism lay great emphasis regarding Brahmacharya. In vedic period a student is also known as Brahmachari. By preserving the energy, strength and vitality of mind and various organs one can lead a happy, energetic and healthy life. The mind will be clear and brain will superb for a Brhmachari. It enhances the strength, life span and health since it is the mine of all virtues .Brahmacharya is the dam of all pleasures of life and only learned people keep it and their power and life increases and all sickness is destroyed. It is easy to preach and to practice is very difficult. One should try to be always in the company of noble people and control their senses as far as possible to get the actual reward of human life. A man is known by the company he keeps. If one always move in the company of good, learned and noble ones there is no doubt that he can be one among them one day. Company is contagious and man changes his colors accordingly sooner or later. He cannot remain unaffected for long best company means not only noble people but also good books written by great scholars, Sages, Saints, Prophets, Rishis, and Munis. These contain vast treasures of wealth and will make one so rich that the worldly riches would appear very insignificiant. One of the verses in YajurVeda state that learned people who are actually endowed with divine powers should do two things in this world. One is that they should propagate the teachings of Brahmacharya and control of senses so that people may become strong and healthy leading a full vigorous life. Next thing is by education and practice thereof, they should teach one and all how to develop their inner strength and power so that people may enjoy their blissful life fully in all respects. In another verse it is stated that such people who abandon the company of bad people and give up all bad evil habits and keep away from immoral life increasing their vitality beget good children, they strength and glorify their race and their country.
Brahmacharya will give the power to face and solve any problems as a boat can ferry people through turbulent waters of the sea. A Brahmachai will be liked and respected in all the societies and meetings. In one verse it is explained that the age of a boy begins at twenty-sixth year and for a girl it is seventeen and up to this period they should practice Brahmacharya at any cost and can get married. Those who get education following the rules of Brahmacharya, they shine like sun are quick in all what they do, like a hawk and become the hallmark of respect, enjoying their life skipping like a deer.
In the student life it would be better to preserve their vital fluid which is the life thread, so that they can utilize their energy and strength for their education and learning. In vedic period student is imparted with all the knowledge right from the Earth to the sun and in this way all divinity reside in his body and such students in future will assets to their country and world. They will have harmony of the head, heart and hand in such a way which will be beneficial to the society as a whole. It has been truly said that if our hearts are strong, our heads are right in vain. A person without education is beast and a person without Dhrma is like a beast.
Education and knowledge are like two eyes of a person which enable him to see things correctly and assess his own position. The pupose of education is to make man what he ought to be.

According to Vedas education on arts and material science is not enough and because major portion of achieving perfection can be achieved by studying spiritual scince. The aim of life and education is that we may live anew life in the realm of self and the creation, with harmony and happiness and will become virtuous. Every second of the life should be fully utilized so that there is no room left for idling. It may be noted that " An idle mind is a devil's workshop." Of course relaxation and enjoyment should be ther along with study to keep one fit and fresh and ready to face any challenges of life.
If proper education is not given to children parents become enemies since they get isolated in society. Teachers should take utmost care for understanding to develop good character and affection along with studies. They should be taught that all women are like mother, sister or daughter according to their age and they should be protectd whenever necessay.
In Vedas it is also stated that
1. Not to earn wealth at the cost of others pain and suffering
2. It is not good to be fatigue self too much both physically and mentally.
3. Hard-work is the keystone to virtuous earning with the sweat of one's own brow, not by lottery, speculation and gambling.
4. Don't do anything undesirable and harmful to the society
5. Acquire knowledge which can't be stolen away by thieves than material wealth.
A great scholar of ancient India Sri Pathanjali's in his teachings explains the importance of Brahmacharya and it is studied by foreign scholars and one such famous scholar
Dr. Louis an eminent physician opined that most precious atoms of the blood
enter into the composition of semen (in his book Chastity) . So preservation
of semen by practicing continence helps the better development of brain ,
body, and mind .Dr. Nicholas says that the best blood in the body goes to
form the elements of reproduction in both the sexes .So if anybody waste
semen he is loosing the best part of the blood and he becomes weak
physically and intellectually. If preserved he becomes
strong, intellectual, heroic and powerful.
Ancient Rishi of India Pathanjali also says in his Yogasutra
that CONTNENCE IS LIFE AND INCOTINENCE IS EQUAL TO DEATH.
SHIVA in the Jnanasamkalani Tantra says that " The wise do not regard the
ordinary forms of asceticism as real asceticism. Continence is the highest
asceticism. He who is a continent is equal to God.
So especially youth in whom the future of our country rests, should practice
celibacy as far as possible to lead the country and countrymen to have a prosperous future.
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
wizanda
Re: Brahmacharya ( Celibacy) Posted on: 2005/9/10 17:27
Helper
From Nottingham, UK
Thank you for posting this!
I have moved you're posted to the open conversation forum, as it seemed more appropriate, unless you play Runescape that is?

Where were you raised? What is your main belief or book of learning? As I find all of your posts excellent.

I find a lot very Vedanta as you have included the Vedas, yet also the essences of others.

I haven't made a Vedanta forum, as really it is one true faith, as the underlying principle is the same as this site.

N B with U
qOLOp
Re: Brahmacharya ( Celibacy) Posted on: 2005/9/12 23:22
=->qOLOp
Bless You of All for sharring one of the most jewelled pieces of wisdom to save the ones who have ears to hear.
My Faith is the Massiahs sp teachings, and yes I have found strength in all other aspects in my life by the practice of Celibacy. Thank you Great Spirit for showing US ALL the WAY so that we may be freed from the bondage of the WORLD. God Bless You ALL, when you are BLessed, so am I. I LOVE YOU GREAT SPIRIT OF LOVE...Clay and T-Dogg.

Acknowledge your Conscience; this is God speaking to you...
Replies are Welcome...I Love You All...GOD

This was a sign that God wanted me to put on billboard and show the world. I did and it got many great replies. Pass this along please. God would rather we speak vanities at him in our distress, than to ignore HIS mighty presence.

"Confess your sins" is the same as "sharing your shame"
Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post