Oneness - True Faith
wizanda
AMD and Power Now isn't on in Windows as Standard Posted on: 2007/4/12 22:06
Helper
From Nottingham, UK
This is a guide I just found off the Windows site for explaining their own driver, yet guess what the same drivers registry are used by AMD where the compatibilities with Windows Power Now function needs switching on properly in the registry.

Else you have AMD's driver doing its own thing with Power Now and Windows unaware, thought something seemed strange.

Quote:

10. Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
11. Locate and click the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CCS\Services\AmdK7\Parameters
12. On the Edit menu, point to New, click Dword Value, and then add the following registry value:
Value name: HackFlags
Radix: Hexadecimal
Value data: 1
A value of 1 enables the legacy Power Now! interface. To disable this feature, set the data value to 0.

13. Quit Registry Editor.
14. Restart the computer.

You don't need windows drivers, which are out of date (at beginning of list of instructions), you need AMD newest, yet still check the setting to 1 in registry edit will make Windows see it has that feature, else to me it has appear to half work and slower as the AMD would fire up fans, yet Windows would take ages to reassert where it was in the picture.

Anyways just done so and thought should tell everyone as clearly either AMD or Windows should have that on as standard, not off??

N B with U
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
wizanda
Re: AMD and Power Now isn't on in Windows as Standard Posted on: 2007/4/13 19:51
Helper
From Nottingham, UK
Now that's what I call wow wiz-and-a speed

Just done something that required my processor to actually test (if you know what i mean), there are many things you can do that won't test, yet this does always...... multiple file openings and other tasks also at the same time = (windows media 11 playing auto-play from firewire hard drive, web connections windows x2 and then opened a folder with 35 PHP files.....into Weaverslave...that use to take quadruple the time, first it would start ok and then a slow end, now windows has caught on that the processor has speeded it's self up, it doesn't slow near the end of opening anymore it increases.

So glad called here wiz-and-a hope it make sense now....one frequency, one light, one world, one reality, lets sort it and figure out why our frequencies have dropped and then we will all be a lot happier, if we then don't have to wait for the sense to feel like we should.

N B with U
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post