Oneness - True Faith
wizanda
A Dream of Ansari of Heart Posted on: 2007/5/27 10:58
Helper
From Nottingham, UK
When I was 24 (or so) there was a really long vision, where you feel like you are watching a film, where me and someone at the time I thought was Yeshua, sat on a log (next to the sea of Galilee) and we spoke about different things.

The points I remembered most, where some of the bits that puzzle me:

"How do you walk on water?" - I asked.
"Remember to be as straw" - He replied.

On reading a book called the Zen Companion, which contains quotes from many authors; there is a statement by Ansari of Heart saying:
Quote:

"Can you walk on water? You have done no better than a straw.

Can you fly in the air? You have done no better than a bluebottle.

Conquer your heart; then you may become somebody!"

So the question is who was he:

Still trying to find more info, yet here is some so far:
Quote:

Abu Ismaïl Abdullah ibn Abi-Mansour Mohammad or Khwajah Abdullah Ansari (1006-1088) (Persian: خوجه عبدالله انصاری) was a famous Persian poet and Sufi.
He was born and died in Herat (then Khorasan, now one of the cities of Afghanistan), and that is why he is known as Pious of Herat. He is also known as "Shaikul Mashayekh" (Arabic: شیخ المشایخ) [Master of (Sufi) Masters] and his title was "Shaikhul Islam".
He was the disciple of Shaikh Abul Hassan Kharaqani. He had deep respect and faith for him, as he has said: "Abdullah was a hidden treasure, and its key was in the hands of Abul Hassan Kharaqani."
He wrote several books on Islamic mysticism and philosophy in Persian and Arabic. His most famous work is "Munajat Namah" (literally; litanies or dialogues with God), which is considered a masterpiece in Persian literature. After his death, his students and disciples compiled what he taught about the Tafsir of holy Quran, and named it "Kashful Asrar". Kashful Asrar is the best and lengthiest Sufi Tafsir of Quran, being published several times in 10 volumes.

Quote:

May 1 - The brightest supernova ever recorded, SN 1006, is observed in the constellation of Lupus.

Quote:

Books (in Persian)
* Munajat Namah
* Nasayeh
* Zad-ul Arefeen
* Kanz-ul Salikeen
* Haft Hesar
* Elahi Namah
* Muhabbat Namah
* Qalandar Namah
* Resala-é Del o Jan
* Resala-é Waredat
* Sad Maidan
Books (in Arabic)
* Anwar al-Tahqeeq
* Zem al-Kalam
* Manāzel al-Sā'erīn

Quote:

Sheikh is not a tribe, but a term of respect applied to men specially of high literary attainment and religious sanctity. Thus Ansari's are called Sheikh simply out of respect due to their high descent and early conversion to Islam.

Quote:

Shaikh al Islam `Abdullah e Ansari was born on 4 May 1006 in Heart, a province in western Afghanistan.
He grew up amongst such scholars as Abu Ayyubs, of ansar a holy poet and a philosopher he enjoyed a reputation of a wise man until many centuries beyond his death.
Khwaja Abdullah belongs to a short list of the most excellent poets of the sufi realm, Khwaja Abdullah's literatury works is
described by Nasr Musajja as strangely enough the most important works to our society.
As the author of the first Risales, treatise " in gereimter Prosa"
reports that in this century no comparable scholar was found to the caliber of Ansari.
His poems are the thoughts of an intimate dialog of the soul with God in form of Monologs.
Ansari loosely tightens animation and added theoretical views in his lectures with inserts of legends and parabolas of that era, which only alternates with each of the verses.
Ansari late in his life was somewhat an unconsidered author, his memory weakened but he had already cleared the way
for many disciples to follow in his footsteps. The translation of
Tabaqatu s Sufiyya procured or, biographies of holy sufis from the
Arab origins are the major work of him that is currently
available..According to Afghanland.com,
Abd AR Rahman Sulamis 1021 in a hand written memoir preserved
the works of Khwaja Abdullah from its original (Dari) and from
its contents Jamis Nafahatu l developed for generations to come.
Khwaja Abdullah lived in privacy,
from 1476 on. In connection with Jami we discover that
Ansari was first that noted the story of Yusuf and Zulaikha in Persian.
Khwaja Abdullah Ansari died in Herat the year 1088, and is burial
place in Herat is still today a place of pilgrimage for thousands of Sufis and fans.

Quote:

From the un-manifest I came,
And pitched my tent, in the Forest of Material existence.
I passed through mineral and vegetable kingdoms
Then my mental equipment carried me into the animal kingdom;
Having reached there I crossed beyond it;
Then in the crystal clear shell of human heart
I nursed the drop of self in a Pearl,
And in association with good men
Wandered round the Prayer House,
And having experienced that,
crossed beyond it;
Then I took the road that leads to Him,
And became a slave at His gate;
Then the duality disappeared And I became absorbed in Him.
By Khawja Abdullah Ansari

Attach file:

jpg  AnsariSheikh.jpg (14.34 KB)
1_46596465457b9.jpg 189X199 px

N B with U
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post