Oneness - True Faith
wizanda
Can Jews Accept King David as Messiah? Posted on: 2018/12/6 9:16
Helper
From Nottingham, UK
With the additional yod on the word blemished in Isaiah 52:14 in the Dead Sea Scrolls 1QIsaa, we can see Isaiah is then paraphrasing David in the Psalms.

Open in new window

Psalms 89:19-21 Then you spoke in vision to your saints, and said, "I have given strength to the warrior. I have exalted a young man from the people. I have found David, my servant. I have anointed him with my holy oil, (21) with whom my hand shall be established. My arm will also strengthen him.

Isaiah 52:13-14 Behold, my servant will deal wisely. He will be exalted and lifted up, and will be very high. Just as many were astonished by him, for I anointed him more than others appearance, and his form more than a son of man.

In these next verses it indicates that it is David himself as the returning Messiah... Thus it would make sense he has to be the Suffering Servant who fulfilled what was prophesied.

Ezekiel 34:23-24, Ezekiel 37:24-25, Jeremiah 23:5, Jeremiah 30:8-9, Jeremiah 33:15, Hosea 3:5, Isaiah 55:3, Isaiah 22:22, Isaiah 9:6-7, Revelation 5:5, etc.

Is there anything that anyone can't understand about King David being Yehoshua/Yeshua, and then being the fulfillment of what is prophesied to come?

N B with U
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post