Oneness - True Faith
wizanda
Help writting anti-depression article Posted on: 2006/2/9 8:21
Helper
From Nottingham, UK
A friend asked me for help with her daughter who has depression.
The amount of people I come across in the same boat is a lot.

I have a few things to help with this and ways to pull out of it.

When I get back I will write the Article for this friend, to help the daughter and others.

Has anyone got any could quotes and ways to get out of depression to add to this please?

N B with U
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
Helper
Re: Help writting anti-depression article Posted on: 2006/2/10 14:36
=->Helper
Comparison is the start of disease!

Try to do something new and challenge your self everyday.

(Don't bury your talents; use them!)

Life is up's and down's, realise that it does move up and down. Don't feel bad at your self for being down; if you are feeling down, things can only get better!

The best way to cheer your self up is by making others happy!

Learn to love your self for who you are and not what others expect you to be!

God made you special and for a reason!

It is a subtle mix of colors that makes light!
suzyq
Re: Help writting anti-depression article Posted on: 2006/2/10 15:31
Just can't stay away
Know my heart is with this soul as it is with all who struggle with depression, metal challenges or any other form of suffering. It can often be difficult to discern what came first, the circumstances, the thoughts, the symptoms, the biochemical reactions, or the solutions we are sure we have and understand not why the other refuses to see it plain as the light of day.

Often we mean well in our attempts to offer guidance to others, when really they only need to look within and find where it all began for them. Action is then required of them. Our purpose is to listen and validate back what we are hearing.

A willingness to surrender ourselves to God and then the action to allow God to work miracles within our lives. This is actually very empowering.

The true master/student knows it is ok to not know...

Every day I practice at the end of the day emptying "my" glass for it gets very full. How can I begin again if I do not empty it repeatedly and humbly. I have learned and accepted the fact we do not understand all things. To just not know is acceptable.

I am also an advocate of professional medical and psycholigical care in these cases and reccomend this. I also find healing and prayer to be useful tools. I accept perhaps they also do not know. I would be a fool to not suggest every resource available. Turning over every leaf, one by one.

Different strokes for differnt folks!

What works for one may not work for another!

To let go and flow with what feels right in the moment...

Who really knows?

Perhaps the best one can offer is prayer.

Meditation and pondering for another.

Getting out and finding new joyful experiences in life for the next.

The list is endless actually and depends on the individual.

When we admit to ourselves first we do not know, we allow ourselves to grow and to learn. Our box is then expanded.

The change sought happens naturally.

There is a bottom to every story. In this story we do not know the depths of this bottom, nor do we really need too. Here is why? To the soul it is important to discover how the story began, to search out their own soul. To look within first.

Does it matter to us? Would we know more? We could pretend too...Probably not though. Each of us would reflect upon the story its beginning and through our own filters and life experiences come up with a differnt perspective to share. Who really holds the answer for this soul? Who knows? I believe God does.

I for one will not put myself out there to be a poser or pretender, as someone who knows. Lie to self and the self will find you out again and again. Better to just not know.

Often I suspect with depression and yes, personal experience, so perhaps this is skewed, that depression can be both a chemical dysfunction and a lack of faith in a Higher Power entwined, manifesting as dis-ease.

The soul needs to be validated, truly recognized, fogiven by self, unhappiness unlearned and with it new joys and happiness sought out. Most important is the deire and willingness to see and imagine that a change is even possible by the soul itself. If the chemical aspect of the depression is not addressed properly, rather masked with other substances and distractions, the other steps will be mighty hard to take.

Yet, who am I to merely make such observations, I do not know this soul. How could I really know? I really don't after all. I accept this.

I offer prayer for the highest good for this soul if prayer is desired and willing to be acccepted, it is all I know to offer. In my heart, I believe above all things this is a great comfort and may be the right place to start. It is always best to ask if prayers are wished, rather to assume they are desired by all.

Amazingly enough, some souls benefit from long suffering in ways we do not understand. Our view is often limited and biased. Sometimes what one perceives as tragic is actually just a passage, a transformation or change for the soul into a new phase of existance. How can we know for sure?

Even reflecting back upon my own long sufferings in life, I would not choose to change anything, ponder on this...

blessings,
suzyq
Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post