Oneness - True Faith
scottybruno
Email to President & Founder of Revealing the Truth Ministries Posted on: 2004/8/28 5:16
Just popping in
Ron, Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. My minor in studies is in theology though I am young at it I shall take a swipe at replying/answering to what you have written so very well, and I thank you.

Yes, I have asked who God is and the reply was very simple; an all loving God, one whom loves all races and beliefs, who is within and throughout all. As far as placing the different religions on the stand in a comparison scenario infact I am doing that now, and one thing I find to be very clear; nearly all of them contain "The Golden Rule". Unfortunately, in most cases, man has strayed from this rule and acted out in negative ways therefor often times giving their own religion a bad name.

Here is my dilemna with "One True Faith". We as a humankind have been unable to come together since the beginning of time, and in large part due to "One True Faith" belief systems. We see this in the Gaza Strip Isreal, we see this in Africa in Darfu, and we see this in the middle east in Iraq and Afghanistan not to mention throughout history over and over and over again. It is my belief that through understanding belief tolerance to be an imperitive part to our society may allow for humankind to develop our world into a much more heavenly and peacful place. Why can't Christian's simply accept a Muslim or a Buddhist for instance, love them and accept them and their belief?

I am happy to hear that what I advocate is within the realm of Christian beliefs, I appreciate you clarifying that. Here is a challenging point for the typical Christian follower: What many Christians fail to do is investigate for themselves how Jesus came about and how for instance the New Testament evolved. Many do not know that it was a book of which scriptures were selected by a group of men, whom some of which were Pagan's (Sun Worshipers) early on, i.e. Contantine and the Council of Nicea for instance. Have you taken the time to goto the source of the truth behind how the Bible came about? Basically, by placing faith into something without researching it is simply blind faith, which I personally dont understand. Perhaps you can help me out on this but I certainly would like to know a bit about what I am placing my faith into before I did.

I believe we should conduct our lives and have respect for each other through God's will, as I said, the "Golden Rule" is found in nearly every faith. If only people would adhere.

I have accepted Christ into my life, years ago, but I also have accepted the presence of many other beliefs, and that is ok with the God I pray to. Do you think that there is something wrong with this position? I would like to know your stance on this.

I am not trying to create a new version of God, and neither am I trying to be god, that would be silly. I know that this realization has always existed. There has always been "One True God" it's just we as humankind have never put our history, fighting and ego's aside to get to know the real God.

Ron, I really appreciate your feedback and you not sending me loads of scripture as if entirely brainwashed by the bible. Your emails are enlightening and I appreciate them. I look forward to your reply.

Scott

---- Original Message ----
To: scott@scottbruno.com
Subject: Re: Global religious tolerance
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 2127 EDT

>Scott,
>
>Have you bothered to check out who God really is? Have you ever
>placed these
>religions on the stand and compared them to see if they hold true to
>their
>claim of being the "one true faith"?
>
>Everything you advocate is taught within Christianity and comes from
>the One
>True God. Christianity can defend itself as the One True Faith by
>which man
>can truly know God.
>
>You may want to investigate your own beliefs to see if what you
>believe is
>right. You seem to advocate that we are all children of God. If
>that is so,
>and I believe it is, then who sets the boundaries through which we
>should
>conduct our lives and respect each other? Is it man, or God? I
>believe and the
>Bible teaches that you should never put your trust in man but place
>your faith in
>God. The reason for that is so that you don't fall into the trap of
>trying
>to become your own God and your own truth.
>
>Man has been doing that and acting against God for 6000 years.
>Investigate
>Christianity and the claims of Christianity. Jesus Christ said that
>"only" He
>is the way and the truth and the life and that no one can go to
>heaven unless
>they go through Him. If this is true, and I believe it is, then all
>other
>faiths are man made and are false attempts of man to try and create
>their own
>version of God and what God's truth is. Why not go to the source and
>avoid
>falling into a trap of trying to determine your own spiritual truth
>which will
>only lead you to destruction.
>
>In Christ's name,
>
>Ron Ray
>President and Founder - Revealing The Truth Ministries
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
wizanda
Re: Email to President & Founder of Revealing the Truth Ministries Posted on: 2004/8/28 8:25
Helper
From Nottingham, UK
Yet if there is one true god and god is one

Faith is a feeling

It is saul who turned it into a concept

So everyone who believes in god no matter what the name has faith

so therefore there is only one true faith

Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post