wizanda
Re: Who or what is the devil! Posted on: 2005/6/10 12:58
Helper
From Nottingham, UK
I watched Freddy vs Jason the other day

Then it made me realise, the more you fear this idea of the devil

The more it affects you, as in the Freddy films

If you fear the idea there is a Devil, it makes it real to you

If there is no fear, how can it affect you, saying that though look out for people with big Ego's

As they do affect you and can lead you astray, yet there is no supreme force against God.

As he made the world, Heaven and the universe and saw that it was Good

Not oops I missed a bit, man created the idea and continues it

The devil is just mans Ego, as I said before it came from Job

God asked in Job

Job 1:7 And Jehovah said to Satan, From where do you come? Then Satan answered Jehovah and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Man walks on th earth, in the begining it was man who Disobeyed God.

The snake was doing what it does naturaly, eating rotten fruit of the floor

If we eat rotten fruit Especially pine apples, they make us drunk

Then we get an Ego, and worry about being naked, plus lie and fall down spiritually

I have seen sheol (hell) with my own eyes and I saw no such thing as Devil

All I saw was people saying it wasn't my fault, they let life beat them and the mistakes they made.

They refused to apologize and so stay down in sheol (hell)

It was packed down there and there is no rest!!

understanding and being oneness gets you into Heaven + following the commandments which is the written words of God.

Not what man later included Ie Paul,John and Peter as this cause people to defy every commandment

Yeshua added 2 commandments which is what Heaven is Love and wisdom

So fufilling the law

No fear, as fear is the mind killer
Peace and love B with U all
One love
God bless you
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
qOLOp
Re: Who or what is the devil! Posted on: 2005/6/11 8:15
=->qOLOp
When the natural desire of all normal persons is to live at peace, why is it so common for people to hate and make a practice of killing one another? It truly is a paradox

The Encyclopoedia Britannica (1966), under the heading "Devil," observes: "Modern liberal Protestantism tends to deny the necessity of belief in a personal devil, preferring to understand the biblical and other references to him as to personification of the principle of evil."

to believe in an "animal part of human nature," or a "principle of evil," rather than in a real Devil. Thus, the once-common understanding that the Devil is a living, unseen person is no longer taken seriously by many. Even today the Devil is traditionally conceived as a creature in a tight-fitting red uniform, having horns, a tail, and a pitchfork in his hand.

do not be duped into accepting a purely materialistic view.
the fact that there are unseen, invisible living creatures, and that these exercise a powerful influence upon human affairs.

. "God is a Spirit," the Bible explains. (John 4:24) It also tells us that God made angels in spirit form. (Heb. 1:7) These are real, living persons. So the Devil, too, is a spirit person.

. He made all spirit creatures perfect. But one of these made a Devil out of himself. He was corrupted by his own improper desires. The Bible explains the process by which even perfect creatures can turn bad: "Each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin."-Jas. 1:14, 15.

The improper desire that this powerful spirit creature entertained was to receive the worship of other creatures, which only the Creator, Jehovah God, deserves. He was able to get the human pair to serve him by misrepresenting to them what God had spoken about eating of a certain tree in the garden of Eden. He thus became a slanderer, or "Devil." He is also called in the Bible "Satan," "dragon" and "original serpent." In time, even other spirit creatures joined Satan in rebellion against God, and also became devils or demons.-Gen. 3:1-

God not immediately destroy the Devil and the human pair he had induced to break God's law?" Jehovah God did not choose to do this. An issue had been raised by the rebellion, including the question: Can the Devil succeed in turning all creatures away from God? Adam and Eve were allowed to bring forth offspring so that the integrity-keeping course of faithful ones among their descendants would vindicate their Creator and prove the Devil a liar. So a sufficient length of time was set aside by God{6000 yrs} to settle this issue.-Job chapters 1 and 2.

THE DEVIL'S TIME IS SHORT

Down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth . . . On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time."-Rev. 12:9, 12.Many other Bible passages show that the Devil is a person. For example, 1 Chronicles 21:1 and Zechariah 3:1, 2 reveal Satan to be a resister of God's people and, therefore, of God himself. (Zech. 2:8; Luke 10:16) In fact, the name Satan is Hebrew and means "resister, adversary."

The Scriptures closely associate the commercial element with the political "kings of the earth." (Rev. 18:9-19) Does not commerce, too, manifest the spirit of God's chief adversary? Everywhere greed and dishonesty are apparent, so much so that a common motto today is Caveat emptor, that is, "Let the buyer beware."

But are not the great traditional religions of the world different? Do they not constitute a mighty bulwark against any superhuman evil influence? On the contrary, the religious leaders of both Christendom and pagandom have intimately associated themselves with the political and commercial leaders. As "friendship with the world is enmity with God," these systems of worship betray themselves to be false religions.-Jas. 4:4.

The Bible describes the world empire of false religion, called "Babylon the Great," as a harlotrous woman "with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication."-Rev. 17:2, 5.

Have not the world's religions blessed the nations and prayed for the troops in their blood-spilling war efforts? And what about morals? It is clear that when the middle-class attitude on morals changes, so does that of many religious leaders. Ignoring the Word of God, hypocritical clergymen turn to the wisdom of the world and seek the plaudits and approval of men. No wonder that, instead of being described in God's Word as a place of protection from the Devil, Babylon the Great is called "a dwelling place of demons."-Rev. 18:2.

many who profess Christianity-and who claim to believe the Bible-reject the idea that a real Devil exists? Because, in truth, they do not accept the Bible as God's Word. (Jeremiah 8:9) , psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud associated belief in the Devil with evils that individuals suffered at the hands of a harsh male parent in early life. It became popular to look upon Biblical references to Satan the Devil as referring merely to a personification of evil.That the Devil would hide behind a front of respectability just as is done by the leaders of the Cosa Nostra crime syndicate is to be logically expected. Those underworld bosses appear in the eyes of the public as respectable businessmen, operating legitimate businesses, but under their outward appearances they carry on their vile deeds and widespread illegal activities that are detrimental to the public. This practice of working behind a respectable front is pursued expertly by the Devil, who is the master of deception

What better way can he deceive people and get them to serve him unwittingly than by using a respectable religious front that outwardly appears to be good and enlightening? According to this pattern of deception, he has used religions in Christendom that appear on the surface to be Christian but that are involved in many unscriptural practices and have made themselves a part of his worldwide system of things. This they have done contrary to the fact that Jesus Christ said that true Christians would keep separate from the world, even as he did.-John 17:16; Matt. 7:22, 23

Supposedly Christian religions have been involved in fiendish inquisitions, ruthless massacres and savage wars. Whose influence is manifested by such actions-that of Jesus Christ, who commanded his followers to love one another, or that of the Devil? What about religious leaders who undermine faith in the written Word of Jehovah God by claiming that it is filled with myths? What about those who go so far as to say that God is dead? Is this not the sort of thing to be expected from "the ruler of the world," who is a constant slanderer of man's Creator?

That the Devil would, as the master of deception, mislead people by religions that outwardly claim to serve the true God was foretold in the Bible at 2 Corinthians 11:13-15, where it says: "For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness."
If, for example, there is no Devil, how can you reconcile the existence of a God of love with the continuing existence of evil? As Howard R. Burkle writes in God, Suffering, & Belief: "Of all the factors which make belief [in God] difficult for moderns, however, the most important is human suffering." Denying the existence of the Devil might therefore be one breath away from denying the existence of God!

wizanda
Re: Who or what is the devil! Posted on: 2005/6/11 13:20
Helper
From Nottingham, UK
Please don't post any more unless you back it up with scripture based facts, don't take offence. Yet I have not heard something so made up, since reading the books of John and Paul. It is not your fault, as this is what is widely believed. Now the Pharisees John and Paul and the church they establish, is your beast that sits on many waters, as they have caused people to worship something other then God. They are the back bone of today's political system, which is Pharisee in hierarchy. They mange to make people break every commandment that God wrote with his own hand. the rest of the bible is mans interpretation of what God said to them. Yeshua is and was true, the Pharisees spread lies established the Roman Catholic Church and changed what he said. Yet again it was there own Ego, they thought they could do a good job as they knew the scriptures, they thought? Yet all they did was destroy what Yeshua came to set free and cause many to go to Sheol. As it causes more egos, in the world, though it may not appear on the outside. Yet in side in the soul and to others who are not scripturally educated, as people are told they are sinners and put under fear by their doctrine. As the devil means accuser of the people, I think they have stated every way possible to put people under fear. Neither was a prophets, both prophesied, and both changed Yeshua wording to what they believed it should be.
When in genesis does it say Satan or devil? It doesn't it says serpent, if man could stop blaming things on some super natural force. They would realise that bad comes from mans own ego. It was mans choice to eat the apple and as they had just fallen they blamed it on the serpent.
It does not say Lucifer was the devil, either, if u read all of it in Isaiah it also says.

Isa 14:13 for you have said in your heart, I will go up to the heavens, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north.

Phi 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

The same as Paul said he was aiming for. It is Paul who established the Roman church, which before it was a church, was the head of the Roman Empire, with the same power and systems as Babylon. Then to keep control of the people they used religion to continue their rule.
You are speaking to the angel in revelations chapter 10, so please don't argue about it, as this is the facts. I have seen both heaven and hell and know God and Yeshua personally.
If you check many of the scripture you quoted, and replace Satan with the Ego or the devil with the accuser, you will see it make sense. Except for in the books of John and Paul as they are the accusers, though they couldn't see it them selves as their own egos blinded them from the truth.
The reason there is bad in the world is due to man thinking, he can do something better then the way God intended it.
We hurt our selves, as we walk away from the light by our own egos, as then we can't see where we are going and cause problems in our lives.
I have met with in this life time some very disturbed people, who perform bad things. Yet they are not evil, they are just hurt and have let their ego's over whelm them.
Where you have quoted James 4:4 you will see it is discussing the ego and people being proud.
I ask and pray that you read this properly, and not go looking for anti-Christ doctrine.
You stated Matt 23 and John together, matt 23 is that they think by proclaiming they know Yeshua, they can get in, yet it is God (Oneness) that people must know. John saying to separate your self from the world is in direct contradiction, to much of what Yeshua said. So how could he have said that, when he said to be a light unto the world? He didn't, most of John is made up of speculation and hearsay, of what people thought he said. I will soon add it all to this site as it is all provable by knowing most of the scriptures and the help of the Holy Spirit that it is made up.
Also Paul saying that an angel of light was the devil is the daftest thing I have heard him say, as Yeshua appeared as an angel of light to him. All the way through the Bible, angels of light appeared to people on numerous occasions, sent by God. So it was not the devil, yet God and his angels trying to tell Paul to stop what he was doing, yet he still continued as he thought he was on the right track. So ignored them and believed them to be the devil, as it stood against what he believed. If it was from Sheol, it is dark and there is no light in it, heaven has authority to do things like that and it is the light.
The world is shortly coming into the tribulation, and who has caused the hurricanes and flood and many of the natural disaster? Man and our egos with our big cars and factories, as it says in revelations, those destroying the earth will be removed.
Also you quoted Jeremiah, yet incorrectly, so I will ask that you read Jeremiah 23, that you shouldn't quote others words and change the context.
So it is time to wake up and question our action as a people and sort it out, before it is too late, else we will be the cause, of our own destruction. Not some super natural being has and is, working against God; I find that personally insulting. As this is a great underestimation of who and what the power of God is. Where can anything hide, from something that made the whole universe? God is the light of the universe and is so bright, even if something were to hide in a corner, all God has to do is shine and the corner is illuminated and that in the dark is blinded.
Again I say wake up, he who has an ear, let him hear.

Peace and love B with U

P.S.

No offense meant in anyway, I am just trying to show you the errors of your ways. I could have deleted the post if I wished, yet better to show you the truth. So if you have any questions please ask.

God bless you and help you to see the truth
brendalee
Re: Who or what is the devil! Posted on: 2005/6/12 2:14
Not too shy to talk
ok, I haven't said anything yet about the devil. I wonder why this subject bothers everyone so much? No reason to be defensive, friends. I know he is real. oh of course God can smite him quickly. I really don't know why He hasn't except He has a plan. So I haven't seen the face of God, but I believe He is there. Same with the stupid devil. When I go to heaven I want to ask God to introduce me to whichever demon tortured my mind the most so that I can kick his little fiery booty. I have the power in Jesus' name to cast him out and away from people and I have. But face to face in my spirit only, it'll be like kicking my shoes off and getting down to business!!! tell me what else you think, knowing the roaring lion- thinks he's all that . Even the devil knows there is a God and a truth and that is why we are all having trouble getting along. He uses his minions to cause confusion. For instance ESP and witches and mediums. They constantly commune with demonic familial spirits. That is why they know so much about a person when you go to one. Anyway, I know I am talking all over the board.

See ya!!!
brendalee
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 14 » Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post