Oneness - True Faith
scotty
Churches = Come Together! Posted on: 2005/9/29 3:11
Just popping in
From California
Unity follows in the mystical traditions present in the world's great religions. We are learning to bring God's Presence into our lives in ways which make our lives easier, more fun, healthier and more harmonious. We shift from having God be a Sunday conversation, to a Divine Force or Presence which helps us throughout the week.

Unity has gleaned from the scriptures of many faiths certain universal laws for successful living and peace of mind. We learn how to change our lives for the better using these tools. Among these laws are the Law of Mind Action, the Law of Giving and Receiving, the Law of Forgiveness, the Law of Attraction and the Law of Love. We have found that by applying these principles in all our affairs our lives have been incredibly enrichened and transformed with deeper relationships, financial abundance, peace of mind and a fulfilled life.

If you're into quantum physics, the merger of science and spirituality or if you've watched the movie "What the Bleep Do We Know?" you will find kindred spirits and seekers here at Unity Church of the Valley. If you're familiar with the books of Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, Marianne Williamson, Oprah Winfrey, Gary Zukav or Maya Angelou, or seen these authors and speakers on television, you will be right at home at Unity Church of the Valley.

"I didn't know there was a church that actually taught what I have always deeply believed!" Jordan., attorney-at-law

"What I love about Unity is that they don't force feed a bunch of man-made dogma and beliefs. There's an open-mindedness and inquiring nature here which I find refreshing and supportive. Jim S., marketing rep

Unity was founded in 1892 by Myrtle and Charles Fillmore, not as a separate church or religion but as a spiritual movement within religions. All people, regardless of denomination or religion, can benefit from a metaphysical interpretation of scripture, which empowers us in a practical way.

We are affiliated with Daily Word, the little monthly meditation magazine read by millions of people around the world.

Unity is powerful, practical spirituality. We follow the teachings and example of the great mystics of history including Jesus, Buddha, Patanjali, Meister Eckart and others. We recognize that God is present in and works through all religions.

"A Course in Miracles" is a remarkable text which inspires us. If you haven't been introduced to this modern revelation we suggest you will find it not only highly challenging but positively life-changing.

Reverend John Considine draws upon a lifetime of experiences in business, theater, public life, parenthood and relationships to make the Sunday message practical and relevant for our lives. His wisdom is born of spiritual study, meditation and, as he says "a wealth of hard knocks.. I've been to the mountain on some days, and on other days, the mountain's landed on me!"

John's messages are stimulating, uplifting and entertaining. No one falls asleep in church here at Unity! We teach an empowering metaphysical interpretation of Scripture that is geared to bring out the best in us all week long. It's "practical spirituality" and we discover spiritual tools regarding health, wealth, well-being and peace of mind.

"Unity is not about being a good person so that you can go to Heaven someday when you die. Unity is about leading a Spirit-filled, loving life so that you can enjoy Heaven right here and now."
----Rev John Considine

Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
scotty
Re: Churches = Come Together! Posted on: 2005/9/29 3:13
Just popping in
From California

Scott Bruno
A Gentle Warrior
http://www.scottbruno.com
Transfer Print PDF Bookmark Top
Top Previous Topic Next Topic
Register To Post